Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!
Well I'm not going to start talking about New Year's resolutions because they never seem to work out. What I am going to do though is just strive to take each day as it comes, be a better friend, and a better person.
How am I going to do that you ask? Well I need to reach out to my friends more, whether it be via email, phone or actually seeing them.
I need to finish my dissertation. It actually felt good when I was scanning it in and all I was doing was scanning. How do you think it'd feel if I actually wrote and finished it?? I hope to find out this year. I am a bit concerned that the committee won't let me finish but at least I'll be done.
I also am going to get healthier. I don't want to let myself go and even though my Dad was probably not in bad physical shape, his health was a mess and I don't want that to happen to me if I can help it. To help with that, Rob and I got an elliptical machine and I'm going to start doing it three times a week for 10 to 15 minutes to start. Maybe if I make it public, I'll have to stick to it. I did lose 55 lbs. once doing this so I know I can do it again, especially since I have Rob there to support and do it with me!
Well speaking of that...I need to go do my elliptical exercise for tonight, take a shower and then get ready for bed...I've got work tomorrow and if I'm feeling healthier (although I'm sure as sore as ever tomorrow) I'll perform better too!
Happy New Year! Let's make 2008 a great one!