heather's amazing stuff

Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

 

Halloween Cake

Yes you read the subject correctly...Halloween cake...in November. We've been so busy that I didn't have time to make the cake before today...and I promised Rob I'd make it as he bought me the special Halloween edition of "Make" magazine if I promised I'd "make" something from it...the cake seemed easiest and I follow through on my promises so today was the day.

What a comedy of errors it turned out to be. I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients I needed. I knew the major stuff but I also knew that we didn't have any eggs so I made a mental note to get a 1/2 dozen eggs. I know you can see where this is going...I get everything on my list and I leave the store. I got home...get ready to make the cake, no eggs!!!

Well you can't make a cake w/o eggs so I go to the grocery store AGAIN. This time I try a different store and pick up eggs and decided to get lunch at the same time. Everyone and their brother was shopping and I got annoyed that I couldn't just run in and run out. I get the eggs, I get lunch, all is good.

After I eat lunch I proceed to go into the kitchen to make the cake..."Rob do you have flour?" I ask...of course not...so back to the store I go again. I may as well pick up shortening too as long as I'm there. I would have used butter in a pinch but since I'm going back..... Geez at this point Ralph's should dedicate a parking spot just for me.

I get back and make the cake, make the trees (yes trees - chocolate of course), which all went pretty well, and now the trees are freezing and the cake is cooling. Once that is done, I will commence the decorating.

I'll let you know how it all turns out and have some pictures later! And we have a picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hkdkat/1865467037/

You'll see more pics than just this one if you click around but this one is especially of the cake

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?