Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!
Day 3 in Sydney was mine to choose what to do since Rob had chosen what to do the other two days. So we decided to buy a "day tripper" pass which gave us unlimited rides for 1 day on the buses, ferries and train. After breakfast (well really lunch), we took the train to Circular Quay and then headed off on a ferry to the Taronga Zoo.

We took a really cool "people mover" up to the top of the zoo.

Once we got to the top, we saw that much of the zoo was under construction. We were hoping this would not effect the amount of cool stuff we could see. Boy I'll tell ya, after walking around that zoo, and we aren't sure we saw the entire thing, nothing was ruined. That zoo is HUGE! We saw all of the native animals that I wanted to see--koala bears, kangaroos, wallaby, echinda, and even got to walk along w/an emu. There were of course the standard zoo animals as well--giraffe, chimps, snakes, lizards, zebra, elephants, rhinos, etc. I don't think we missed a thing due to it being under construction.



However, it was later in the day, so I think some of the animals were resting and weren't in their viewing areas. Therefore we only saw onesies or twosies of some animals. The zoo closed at 5 so we headed down and decided to hop on another ferry to Manly (we have a sound seeing clip about this, we'll get those up soon).

We were afraid that Manly would turn out to be as expensive as Circular Quay be we soon found that was not the case and that it was a really cool little beach area.

We found a really cute little restaurant whose claim to fame was a $10 steak. I actually ended up having surf and turf and the turf wasn't too bad! We also had our first bottle of Aussie wine!

After our tour of Manly we decided to get some gelato and then take a ferry back to our hotel. We'd had a long day of sightseeing and I think the first two days of a lot of walking finally caught up to me.

We got back to our hotel area, did our nightly visit to Woolworths to get some water and called it a night!
Day 4 coming shortly!