Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!
So the days are all blurring together for me now. I talked to Rob last night as I'd thought we'd gone to the museum on our second day but he said our 4th...but I do remember what we did on day 3--SHOP!! Yes we went to a cool "open air" market that had a section for fresh veggies and flowers, an indoor section for fresh meats, a food court and an open section for everything else. This was the day we did much of our souvenir shopping as well as the day I got my prettiest opal!
After we did all of our shopping we went back to the hotel to sort through our purchases. I believe we also took a well deserved nap because a day of shopping is TOUGH! After our nap and waiting for the rain to stop (yes it started raining while we were shopping) we went out for another walk. We just roamed around, looking at different things and finally visited a department store (Myer I believe it was called). It was HUGE! This thing crossed the street and had 4 levels. It even had a shoe and watch repair place in the store. It was pretty cool. I likened it to a Macy's as they had another there that was a bit more high end. I believe it was called David Jones or something like that. Rob had read about Myer in one of the books and it said that he started his stores and then became a philanthropist in Melbourne... interesting story. I'll get him to write about it (now you see why I had him research the opals...I can't remember these things!)
We also made a point to go by Target!!!

While their logo/font looks a bit different, it's the same target! BUT...it's totally upscale in comparison. It was a pretty nice store more in line with one of our lower end department stores.
I was excited about going there so I didn't care what we did the rest of the night. Rob and I tend to find ourselves at target a lot so you can see my excitement. I think people thought I was strange taking a picture in front of it!
We eventually made it back to our hotel to try to decide which vineyard we were going to go to on our last day...as you'll see from the pics, we never made it!
Up next, our last full day in Melbourne!