heather's amazing stuff

Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!

Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Goodbye Australia!!!

So by this time, I was ready to head home. While I thoroughly enjoyed Australia, and can't wait to go back...I just wanted to be home.

We got up pretty early and took a cab to the airport. I was hoping we had enough cash but not too much because I didn't want to have to exchange it but wanted at least 1 bill to come back with to show everyone how cool their money is.

We got to the airport and we were SUPER early. Rob kept saying he could have slept in another hour. I was just glad we were there and on our way. When we could finally get in line to check in, the line was very long. I was just glad we'd gotten in line when we did because I don't think we had to wait more than 45 minutes to check in. The people behind us...that was a different story. They had the same line for over 10 flights. It was crazy!

After we checked in, we headed over to get a smoothie so that we'd have something to hold us over until they served us breakfast on the flight. Actually...I think it ended up being lunch. We also found a card that someone had left that said it had some minutes left on it to use the internet so we unpacked my computer to see if they had wireless. They didn't so Rob went over to the computer so he could update his blog and let you all know why we hadn't posted anything in so long. I ended up playing lumines on this PSP till he got back.

We boarded the flight and we're off. Rob thought he could see his luggage out of the window so he took a picture!



Man, we weren't in the air long enough for the seatbelt sign to barely go off and everyone was moving seats. Unfortunately we got in the back and couldn't use the back row because a family of 3 had the two rows of middle seats to themselves because one of them had a medical condition. This ended up upsetting me by the end of the flight because while Rob had a horrible flight going, mine was horrible coming back. We were near the bathroom and we could smell some flowery baby powder/diaper action going on as well as having this 3 y/o who would not stop crying. Her mother proceeded to take her to the back of the plane the entire time. My nerves were frazzled and I wanted to break down just like the 3 y/o. I could not handle it.

Luckily the views out of the window were entertaining for awhile.



Thankfully Rob was able to calm me a bit and I slept for a few hours and then had breakfast. The duty free lady was walking around and I wanted the little koala they have that is dressed up in flight gear. I'd gotten one when I flew Virgin (it was a bear) so I decided this would be something I'd collect on these flights. The lady was worried that they didn't have many and a set of twins had asked for them already. She took my info and told me she'd get back to me once she saw what they had in inventory. Luckily, I was able to get one!



Thankfully, we landed shortly after. I don't think customs was that big of a deal. We got through, they welcomed us home and now we waited for the fly away. That took awhile and Rob got antsy. We just wanted to get home!!!

Finally the fly away came to pick us up...after a short ride, we were in the valley! We took a taxi, got to Rob's and immediately got in the car to get some food. We laughed at how close we drove to get food when we'd been walking MILES and MILES in Australia. How lazy we were again!

After food, we slept, and slept, and slept some more. It took me at least a good week and a half to get back on both my sleep and eating schedule.

I miss Australia and see things about it in the news now almost every day...but it is good to be home! I'll also be posting some generic observations of Australia, but that might take me a bit to get that one up!

Next adventure--moving!
Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?