heather's amazing stuff

Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping you'll find the content to be fun, funny, and informative!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

 

Sydney--Day 2!

One thing we're finding out...Sydney is pretty expensive...and if we're going to want to get an ocean front view while we're eating...we're going to pay for it. Therefore, we haven't...we've gone to some restaurants off of the beaten path and have gotten some great deals as a result. At a couple of these places, we've even spotted some locals, so we know we must be doin' it right!

I haven't completely been covering this blog or my journal the way I want to...but yanno, best intentions! I know you're all interested in the pictures though, so I'll get some of those up here as fast as I can!

Day 2 found us walking probably even further than day 1...and that was a lot! Here are some of the great things we saw along the way!

The first one is a statue in Hyde Park of Captain Cook. This statue was right across from the museum. I wanted to do something silly to get a pic w/this statue, so I tried to stand just like it.



It was funny...I don't know if Rob will post a picture of it or not, but we felt like we were back in L.A. When we went across the street to go to the museum, we saw film crew trucks and the crew lounging in the park. We've actually seen quite a few things being filmed here. I guess it doesn't matter where you go. They're EVERYWHERE!!

While walking through Hyde Park we saw the Australian Museum. We decided to stop on in. There was this man there that was at a sort of information booth for the museum and he was actually quite nice and entertaining. He'd been to L.A. before so we were talking about some of the places he liked. He apparently remembered the Armenians and so we spoke about that. In the museum there was a camel. This second picture is of me on this camel. I think this is as close as I'll ever get to riding one.



Next we continued on through Hyde Park and through this wonderful botanical garden and area called The Domain. We saw a lot of the wildlife of the park and Australia including trees full of HUGE spiders and bats. I'll let Rob post those pics since there are no people in them!



I think Rob has a pic of the domain as well so sorry if this is a duplicate. The Domain is where we started seeing the spectacular views of the harbour. This park was amazing. And apparently it's a 3 mile loop. The views here put the Rose Bowl 3 mile loop to shame. No wonder we saw so many people running/walking. If I lived here I'd be doing that every day. You can sort of see the Opera House poking out in the back of this one, above the trees.

Here is a great picture of both the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Rob took this pic of the two of us by balancing the camera on a fence around some trash bins. We had to wait for people to pass before we could take it and be insured that there wouldn't be passersby in the pic. Not sure why we couldn't have just asked one of them to take it for us!



Before we headed over to the Opera House, we had to go sit in Mrs. Macquarie's chair. Well as you'll hear when we post the soundseeing stuff...there is no chair!!! It's just this big stone thing. I thought there'd be millions of people milling around it because it's supposed to offer beautiful sights of the harbor...but if you were looking for an actual physical bench/chair like us...you were bound not to find it. We actually just stumbled upon it and later on found out that is indeed what it was.



Even though this one has no people in it, it's pretty enough to be wallpaper for a computer...and we know how much I like lights, so I had to post it! Rob got to post the city at sunset, so here it is when it's all lit up!



These are just a few highlights of our day 2!! I hope you enjoy them, we surely did!

G'day Mates!
Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007   01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?