We took a train from the airport to our hotel...well not quite to our hotel. This started our adventure of walking and taking public transportation. We tried to read the map and guess which stop was best for our hotel...boy were we wrong!! We ended up getting off of a stop that was probably 2 miles from our hotel...so here we go, trekking through Sydney during rush hour when people are trying to get to work w/our 4 suitcases, 2 backpacks, and 1 duffel bag in tow. We were a sight I'm sure!
By the time we got to the hotel, we were just so happy to be there, that I didn't care if it was the Ritz or Motel 6! We checked in, immediately turned on the AC...the “Fall” season here finds it at a cool 80 degrees during the day, and rested for a bit. We tested out the shower, which led to me testing out the hair dryer and realizing I'd need to buy one at the Woolworth's that we saw, and then headed out for our first day on the town!
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008